Whether you're considering upgrading your HVAC system, remodeling your commercial office space, tenant build-out, or renovating your home, it is vital to choose the correct contractor. MHS Home Services is one of Atlanta’s premier choices for residential and commercial HVAC systems. With all of the options available, how do you make the right choice?
Here are ten tips for identifying the best contractor for your project:
- Before making your choice, check with affiliated state and community agencies for a company history of complaints and more importantly, resolutions to those complaints to ensure the company stands behind its work.
- Ask for references: Current customers are an excellent source of information and are often willing to share their experience.
- Check local licenses: Ask to see their license, bonding, workers compensation and general liability insurance coverage.
- Get a detailed written proposal: Beware of companies that do not back up their offer in a detailed written proposal. A detailed written proposal is one sign of a quality contractor.
- Heat loss-heat gain calculation: Expect a thorough calculation performed with an on-site evaluation. A good contractor should measure your home, check insulation factors and evaluate your overall comfort needs.
- Warranties and guarantees: Warranties & guarantees vary according to manufacturer and dealer. Don’t be afraid to ask questions and demand that they are included in the written estimate.
- Follow contract law: Demand that your contractor follows contract law. A new comfort system is a big decision and with big decisions comes responsibility. According to Georgia law, all home improvement contracts include a 3-day right to cancel.
- Ask your contractor about the maintenance requirements of your new system. Does the contractor offer maintenance services? A maintenance agreement is one of the best ways to ensure your system's long-term performance, reliability and safety.
- Know and understand the contract: It is very important to understand all aspects of the agreement with your contractor before any work begins.
- Get more than one estimate: Get several estimates & check references. Compare more than just price when evaluating estimates. Look for the best value!
Whether you need a simple repair of your heating and cooling system at your home or office, or a complete installation the professionals at MHS Home Services offer over 20 years of experience and are available to satisfy all of your HVAC needs! If our firm can be of service to you simply contact us at (678) 886-1307 for a FREE no-obligation consultation.